Frame Instructions: Slant Seat Stern Frame
NRS Slant Seat Stern Frame Components:
- Lay out the frame parts as shown in the image above. (Note: These bent rails are asymmetrical to allow you to choose the best placement of the oar mounts along the length of the side rail. Please make sure to match the similar ends of the side rails, when connecting them to the seat and foot bars. To change the placement of the oar mounts without placing them on a bend, simply reverse the direction that the side rails are connected.)
- Place the U-bolts over the side rail and then push the LoPro fitting onto it.
- Add the washers and locking nuts leaving them loose.
- Firmly tap the carriage bolts into the drilled holes. Add the conduit clamps, washers and locking nuts.
- Snug the locking nuts, but don’t over-tighten, which can cause the bolt head to twist in the wood. The washers are intended to take up slight variations in the length of the bolts. If less than two or three threads protrude above the top to the nylon locking nut, do not use the washers.