NRS E-140 Self-Bailing Rafts
Item: 85045.01 | Product Description »
- 20" tubes and 7' width provide the stability, control and maneuverability difficult rivers demand.
- 82" maximum frame length will accommodate an NRS Bigorn II Raft Frame with room for a drybox, cooler and rowing seat.
- Will seat 8-9 paddlers with optional third thwart.
- Heavy-duty Pennel Orca® material is super abrasion, chemical and UV-resistant for unmatched durability.
- Full-coverage HD40 floor armor on the bottoms and sides of the tubes guards your boat from the wear and tear of boulders and beaches.
- Four main tube air chambers give you extra security in emergency situations.
- Self-bailing floor with quick-draining holes allows you to leave the bucket at home.
- 14 2" D-rings and 6 EasyCarry™ handles make rigging and launching the E-140 a snap.
- Trouble-free Leafield™ C7 Valves ensure easy inflation/deflation of the tubes, thwarts and floor, and the Leafield A6 Pressure Relief Valve protects the floor.
- The NRS BAT™ (Batten Attachment Thwart system) lets you easlily add or remove thwarts to accommodate paddlers or a rowing frame.
- Built outfitter tough, this may be the last raft the private boater will ever need to buy.
- 10-year retail warranty, 5-year commercial.
|Number of Thwarts:||2|
|Number of Air Chambers:||7|
|Valve Type:||Leafield - C7|
|Type of Material:||Pennel Orca|
|Weight/Denier of Tube Material:||48/1670|
|Weight/Denier of Floor Material:||48/1670|
|Number of D-rings:||14|
|Number of Handles:||6|
|Center Compartment Width:||45"|
|Suggested NRS Frame Width:||66"|
|Maximum Frame Length:||82"|
|Warranty:||10 Years Retail, 5 Years Commercial|
When big rivers demand stability, control, and maneuverability, outfitters look to the 20" tubes and 7' width of our E-140 raft. Also popular on tough rivers where stability is critical.
You've invested in a good boat; you want to make sure it lasts a long time. Proper inflation techniques go a long way toward protecting the raft's seams and the baffles between chambers from strain and damage. In this video, Josh Gile, NRS Repairs, goes over steps for pumping up to recommended levels while keeping equal air pressure on both sides of each internal baffle. It's simple stuff, but doing it right is important boat longevity insurance.
One of the great things about inflatable rafts, catarafts, kayaks and SUP boards is that when not in use they can be deflated, taking up very little storage space. In this video the NRS Repairs crew gives you the tips and techniques to minimize stress on seams and material while they're being folded and tucked away.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS E-140 Self-Bailing Rafts
Q:would it be possible to get an E-140 in grey? I boat a lot of desert rivers and the blue and red gets too hot. Thanks, RikAsked on 8/6/2013 by Rik from Flagstaff, Az
A:Yes, Rik, you can get your boat in grey. Give us a call, 800.635.5202, to place your order. We'll be able to let you know what the wait time is for delivery.Answered on 8/7/2013 by Clyde from NRS
- NRS E-140 Self-Bailing Rafts
Q:Does the E-140 and E-150 have a lace-in floor? Is the floor replacable?Asked on 8/31/2012 by Terry from Helena, MT
A:Terry, our rafts have glued-in floors. They could be replaced by a competent repair shop, but they are so ruggedly built that the need to replace them is remote.Answered on 8/31/2012 by Clyde from NRS
A:No it does not. Its in the description I believe.
Sent from my iPhoneAnswered on 8/31/2012 by Anonymous
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Carries a ton
- Tracks great
- Expedition Boating
Comments about NRS E-140 Self-Bailing Rafts:
You get what you pay for. I've got time in lots of different boats - I own two (other boat is 16 foot Aire Cat that I also bought from NRS) - but if I had to live with one boat the rest of my life I'd take my 14 foot (red) NRS E140. It's 10 years old and has had lots of use under tough conditions. Great in big water or skinny water - handles great even with a heavy load. Never had a leak let alone a tear or rip. It's been in airplanes, trunks, pickups and trailers - looks new. Love this boat.
- Was this a gift?: