NRS 18' Kodiak Cataraft
Item: 85231.01 | Product Description »
- NRS "cats" are designed for extraordinary performance, agility and stability, whether transporting passengers and gear or sport boating.
- Precisely sized continuous-curve tubes enhance capacity, ride and maneuverability.
- 28" tube diameters give you more cargo capacity than you'll ever need.
- Extended wear patches on the tops of the tubes allow for frames up to 12' long.
- Heavy-duty Pennel Orca® material is super abrasion, chemical and UV-resistant for unmatched durability.
- Trouble-free Leafield™ C7 Valves ensure easy inflation/deflation of the tubes.
- 16 2" stainless steel D-rings provide a bombproof anchor system for your frame.
- Three air chambers in each tube give you maximum security in emergency situations.
- 10-year retail warranty, 5-year commercial.
- Alternative colors may be available for fleet orders.
- Repair kit included.
- Frames sold seperately.
|Number of Air Chambers:||6|
|Valve Type:||Leafield - C7|
|Type of Material:||Pennel Orca|
|Weight/Denier of Tube Material:||41/1100|
|Weight/Denier of Floor Material:||48/1670|
|Number of D-rings:||16|
|Number of Handles:||6|
|Maximum Frame Length:||144"|
|Warranty:||10 Years Retail, 5 Years Commercial|
Let NRS Repairs show you how to inflate and deflate a whitewater cataraft. Using proper technique while blowing up your cataraft will help ensure a long life for your boat.
One of the great things about inflatable rafts, catarafts, kayaks and SUP boards is that when not in use they can be deflated, taking up very little storage space. In this video the NRS Repairs crew gives you the tips and techniques to minimize stress on seams and material while they're being folded and tucked away.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS 18' Kodiak Cataraft
Q:what is the cargo capacity of this cat?Asked on 5/23/2014 by moon from colorado
A:Moon, we don't rate boats for weight carrying capacity, see - http://www.nrs.com/boating_tips/boatweightcapacity.asp - As the name suggests, this cat was originally designed with the Alaska user in mind; the person going on multiday trips that could involve hauling out a couple of moose. It's a gear-hauling machine.Answered on 5/23/2014 by Clyde from NRS
- NRS 18' Kodiak Cataraft
Q:I'm trying to compare catarafts how much weight can these tubes take? What is the recommended distance between the tubes? it gives frame length but not withAsked on 5/14/2014 by Dman
A:Damian, we don't list weight capacities - http://www.nrs.com/boating_tips/boatweightcapacity.asp - The 18' Kodiak was designed with Alaskan boaters in mind; folks that were taking multiday trips on wilderness rivers, where they might be packing out a couple of moose. It is a great gear hauler. It works best with our yoke style frame, which fix the distance between the tubes - http://www.nrs.com/frames/Specs.asp#Yoke - The 72" frame gives max interior loading options. Your question regarding frame length got cut off. Call us at 800.635.5202 to discuss the ins-and-outs of frame options; you're not limited to our stock frames.Answered on 5/15/2014 by Clyde from NRS