- We use our heavy-duty 1-5/8" OD 6061-T6 aluminum pipe to make the framework for the Motor Mount.
- The 18" wide transom plate is a piece of 2 x 8 wood/plastic composite decking material that will not rot or deteriorate when exposed to water and sun.
- We back the transom plate with two pieces of aluminum channel to increase the grip on the L-shaped pipe sections. Four oversize U-bolts hold the transom plate firmly in place.
- If you already have an NRS Stern Seat Mount, you can install your Motor Mount by removing the Seat Bar and seat and substituting the Motor Mount.
- If you do not have a Stern Seat Mount you will need a pair of NRS Stern Side Rails (item #1200 SR, sold separately) to link the Motor Mount to the rear Crossbar of your frame. We stock two sizes: the Small Stern Side Rail spans 32" and the Large 36". Measure the distance from the center of the rear crossbar to the center of the raft's rear tube. If you need a length other than 32" or 36", we will custom bend the size you need at no extra cost.
- In our experience, a 10-hp motor is generally as large a motor as most boaters use. Even a 3-hp motor will move a raft along at a pretty good clip.
- Always attach a safety rope or strap from your motor to the frame.
|Note:||The Raft Motor Mount needs item #1200 SR to attach to your main frame. These are sold separately.|
|Material:||1-5/8" 6061-T6 Anodized Aluminum Frame Pipe|