NRS Mini Aluminum Oarlocks
Item: 84023.01 | Product Details »
- Our drop-forge production process yields a much higher strength-to-weight ratio compared to cast oarlocks in bronze and other metals, making NRS Mini Aluminum Oarlocks both lightweight and incredibly strong.
- These oarlocks are perfect for personal fishing cats and pontoon boats using smaller oars. (1/2" shaft, 1 13/16" inside diameter and 1 5/16" horn opening.)
- It is extremely hard to "pop" an oar through the tines of this oarlock, allowing you to row with more confidence.
- If somehow you do pop an oar, the tines return to their original shape, so you're not left with a bent oarlock.
- Durable anodized finish eliminates oxidation and discoloration.
- Smooth finish protects oar shafts, rope wrap and oar sleeves from wear.
- Includes split rings for securing the oarlocks in oar mounts.
- Perfect for use with Cataract Mini-Mags and Carlisle Economy Oars.
|Horn Opening:||1 5/16"|
|Inside Diameter:||1 13/16"|
|Total Length:||5 3/4|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Advanced Paddling Techniques
- Day Trips
- River Running
Comments about NRS Mini Aluminum Oarlocks:
These are quite impressive. Before I found these oar locks (1/2" dia shaft) I tried a different solution. It seems most small shaft oarlocks do not have a hole drilled in the end of the shaft to install a keeper. Meaning if you lift up on the oar, the oar lock pops out. I suppose that's okay for most folks, but I'm used to a real oar lock which doeas as it is called "oar-lock".
I'm amazed at the strength to weight ratio. Very stiff and solid for such a light product. Kudos to NRS for putting their name on these.
- Was this a gift?:
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS Mini Aluminum Oarlocks
Q:What is the best way to fit these oar locks to nrs mounts with 5/8 diameter shaft openings (specifically 8" nrs oar towers)?
I have a super puma that works well with cataract minimags on homemade oar locks. The minimags flex perfect, even with the raft loaded. I do not want to upgrade to thicker/full size oars.Asked on 7/31/2014 by Marko from westfield, ma
Those are great oar locks. I mounted mine on a Don Hill Mini Drifter.
To use these on the standard diameter holes would require a bushing.
I do not recall the diameter needed for the mini aluminum oarlocks nor do I
recall the standard size. However if it happens to be a 5/8" hole and the
Mini's have a 1/2" shaft, you are in luck:
SeaDog is a good brand, but to see other alternatives you may wish to
Google "Oarlock Bushing" that's what I used to find these.
Hope this helps a bit.
A:Markos: I had to build my own oar towers.. I had a piece of 1" round stock
machined out to fit my oar locks.Answered on 8/4/2014 by Anonymous