WindPaddle Scout Kayak Sail
Item: 50204.01 | Product Details »
- 1/2 ounce rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth, the same material used on racing yachts, is a low-stretch fabric that will not absorb water or become heavy when wet.
- Easy-to-use clips make rigging the Scout quick and simple.
- Can be clipped to just about anything, including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, gunwale handholds or a bench seat.
- Deploys in a matter of seconds.
- The WindPaddle design keeps the sail's center of force low, making the boat/sail combination stable and easy to handle.
- A clear window in the center lets you see where you're going.
- A continuous sheet (or steering line) allows the paddler to control the sail while holding their paddle for bracing and steering.
- Coils flat so it's easy to stow in your canoe or under your kayak's rigging.
- Super lightweight, so it won't weigh down your boat when stowed.
- Best used in 4-13 knot winds. (2-4 BFT)
|Material:||1/2 oz rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth|
|Weight:||12 oz. (0.34 kg)|
|Recommended For:||Solo rec. boat to touring kayak, 8-15 feet|
|Target Wind Range:||4-13 knots (2-4 BFT)|
|Target Paddler:||Novice to intermediate|
|Off-wind Sailing Envelope:||Approximately 150°|
We'll show how jibing across the wind is done by rotating the sail on deck and catching the wind as it comes across from the side of your boat. This sailing demonstration is done using the WindPaddle "Adventure" sail.