The Idaho Paddler Book
Item: 65044.01 | Product Description »
- For each run, information on the character of the trip, season it's available, gauge (if any) location, trip length, recommended craft type and rapids class.
- Directions are given for both put-in and take out locations.
- This guidebook is useful for both rafters and kayakers.
- Multiday, day stretch and park-and-play spots are all included.
- A full color photo from each run is also included, helping give you a sense of what the stretch is like.
- The companion DVD, (sold separately), has exciting video footage of many of the runs covered in the book.
Size: 5 1/4" x 8"
|Size:||5 1/4" x 8"|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Difficult To Follow
- Lots of advertising
- Not What I Expected
- Strange Photoshop Images
- Vague river descriptions
- Fire starter
Comments about The Idaho Paddler Book:
I was hoping for a comprehensive guide to Idaho whitewater. What I got was a photo and less than one page description with vague launch and takeout descriptions and a lot of advertising by various outfitters and suppliers(including NRS)of a few Idaho rivers. This book lacks all the basics, general overview maps, recommended flows, etc. The author says he does not want to ruin the thrill of adventure by giving too many details. It makes me feel that outside of the four river permit rivers, Idaho boaters don't really want the rest of us finding out about their rivers.
I look to NRS to supply quality gear and informative books and guides. I recommend they remove this from their stock.