Bracing Clinic "The Art of Staying Upright" DVD
Item: 67029.01 | Product Description »
- In his 25-years of teaching and watching how failed braces have led to capsizes, Wayne has developed a teaching method that speeds learning of the proper techniques.
- He starts you out practicing the moves while watching the video.
- Then, before moving to the water, he has you practice the movements while sitting in your boat on land.
- In the water, he recommends starting in shallow water so you have the bottom as a back up when you miss a brace.
- You learn all the different types of braces and how to execute them in different boating environments.
- Wayne also stresses proper techniques that minimize the risk of injury to shoulder and wrist.
- Bracing is an essential skill for avoiding capsize and enjoying kayaking. Learn from the best with Wayne Horodowich.
Running Time: 111 minutes
Release Date: 2008
Number of Disks: 1
Film Location: Various
Studio: University of Sea Kayaking
|Running Time:||111 minutes|
|Number of Disks:||1|
|Studio:||University of Sea Kayaking|
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Engaging Characters
- Adult Viewers
- At Home
- Special Needs
- Younger Viewers
Comments about Bracing Clinic "The Art of Staying Upright" DVD:
USK's series of instructional sea kayaking DVDs are excellent to say the least. Yes, Ken Whiting's DVD does have great cinematography and is a polished production covering all the basics at an intro level, but if you want to see the details in technique, find lots of great training suggestions, listen to a thorough systematic explanation concern the "whys", "what ifs", and "here's how ya learn to do it", then you should choose to watch this bracing clinic DVD and other USK productions.
I've been to a variety of sea kayaking day-long sea kayaking classes, but USK really does clarify what you need to know, and made me wonder what the point of the last sea kayaking class was; drag the clients out on the water and return without loosing anyone(?)
Anyway, the DVD is well indexed so you can return to specific lessons in an organized manner.