- This book covers the entire river, from the Lees Ferry launch site to the South Cove take out on Lake Mead.
- Spiral bound format with full color topo maps on right side and complete text descriptions on the facing page
- Excellent mile by mile information on rapids, campgrounds, geological features, historical sites and reference points.
- The topo maps are the same scale as the original USGS maps. The contour lines and accurate shape of the river really help you keep track of where you are.
- The high quality waterproof paper really stands up to the soaking it's going to get!
- The book lists numerous side hikes and interesting features away from the river.
- There are also info pages on frequently asked questions about boating the river, Grand Canyon geology, archeology, resources protection and plants found in the Canyon.
- An excellent companion book to this guidebook is Tom Martin's Day Hikes from the River,(#3350) with detailed descriptions of some 100 side hikes in the Grand Canyon.
Copyright: 2007 fourth edition
Size: 9"w x 14"h waterproof paper
Map Pages: USGS 7.5" color topo reproductions
Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,00)
- Authors: Tom Martin & Duwain Whitis
- Copyright: 2007 fourth edition
- Size: 9" W x 14" L waterproof paper
- Pages: 109
- Map Pages: USGS 7.5" color topo reproductions
- Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,000)