Astral Men's Ronny PFD
Item: 40087.02 | Product Description »
- The Ronny's Thin-Vent™ back panel works comfortably with any raft or kayak seat, including recreational kayak seats with higher backs.
- A ventilation channel in the 1/2" foam back panel lets heat and moisture escape for greater comfort.
- Sculpted, ergonomic PE foam panels fit comfortably and securely while being easy on the environment.
- Four easy-access pockets, including one that expands to hold your favorite beverage, hold everything you want to keep close at hand.
- Soft mesh lining provides ventilation and next-to-skin comfort.
- An accessory lash tab provides a secure location for attaching a rescue knife.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Three sizes ensure you get just the right fit.
|US Coast Guard Type:||III|
|Design Flotation:||16 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200-denier high-tenacity nylon|
|Lining:||200-denier high-tenacity nylon and polyester mesh|
|Entry System:||Front zip|
Designed for minimum weight and maximum comfort, the Astral Men's Ronny life jacket gives you a comfortable, affordable PFD option for any type of boating. The thin foam back works comfortably with all types of kayak and raft seats.
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Astral Men's Ronny PFD
Q:Are they USCG approved?Asked on 4/22/2015 by Greg
A:Yes, Greg, all the jackets we carry are Coast Guard approved.Answered on 4/22/2015 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Beverage Storage
- Ease of movement
- Flat Water
- Warm weather
Comments about Astral Men's Ronny PFD:
This is an awesome PFD for those times when you really don't think you will need a PFD, but want to be safe anyway. It is lightweight, comfortable and is essentially designed with warm weather "booze cruise" in mind. You can fit two 12 oz beverages in the pockets if desired.
For rowing, the shoulder area gives plenty of room, and the back is nice and flat if sitting against a seat.
Deso-Gray in the summer
Grand Canyon summer in-between major rapids
Ruby Horsethief (but not Westwater)
Anytime you make the kids wear a PFD, but don't think you need one
It will certainly keep you bouyant, but is not designed to have massive amounts of flotation. It also is not strap heavy and could come off in bad water. Fabric is lightweight (by design) and may not be as robust as heavier stuff.
The lashing location seems poorly considered. I don't imagine ever having a knife at the end of a floppy pocket.
If you have a big water PFD, you likely need this one for the rest of the times on the water.
- Was this a gift?: