- Freestyle Tectonics allow the outer front panel to move freely with your upper body as the inner panel stays anchored in place.
- 500 denier Cordura® nylon and Gaia™ foam makes this a tough, environmentally friendly life jacket.
- A large front pocket lets you store those slightly larger items or can be used for a small throw bag.
- Two zippered pockets gives you room to keep those essentials close at hand.
- A small pocket by the logo is perfect for carrying a folding knife.
- Flotection is Astral's name for the armor plating along the sides of the vest that protect your ribs and vitals from impact
- A 1200 lb tensile strength rescue harness with a quick release buckle and a Spectra® safety loop for emergency extractions round out the safety features on this vest.
- The front lash tab is a convenient place to hook your rescue knife.
|US Coast Guard Type:||V|
|Design Flotation:||minimum 15.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||500-denier Cordura®|
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!