NRS Big Sky 146 Quart Cooler
Item: 70919.01 | Product Description »
- NRS Big Sky, super cold coolers are built with 2 full inches of superior foam to keep your ice icy in any weather.
- Strong, stainless steel, tension-adjustable cam latches and an air-tight O-ring seal lock the cold air in.
- High-impact seamless double-wall construction is virtually indestructible.
- Sturdy stainless steel hinge for rust-free durability.
- Comfortable handles and hand grips for easier carrying.
- Drain plug opens with one twist and completely drains the wet away.
- Padlock holes in the front corners of the lid come in handy for air travel -- or when you don't trust your friends to keep away from your frosty beverages.
- All the parts are UV resistant and built outfitter tough.
- Five year warranty on workmanship and materials, retail and commercial.
- Exterior Dimensions: See sizing chart for various dimensions
- Interior Dimensions: 37.5"L x 14"W x 16.5"H
- Internal Capacity: 146 Qt.
- Weight: 51 lbs.
- Two inches of insulation on all sides
- Full length hinge system
- One carrying handle on each end
- O-ring seal
- Drain plug
- UV resistant materials
- Warranty: Five year, retail and commercial
Frustrated with the difficulty of finding high-quality coolers for boating, rafting and camping? Us too! That's why we created NRS Big Sky Coolers - the coldest, toughest ice chests available today.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS Big Sky 146 Quart Cooler
Q:Is this cooler considered bear proof? It reminds me a lot of some other coolers that specifically state they are.Asked on 5/22/2013 by Kevin from Kansas City
A:Kevin, the Big Sky coolers haven't passed the bear-proof test.Answered on 5/22/2013 by Clyde from NRS
- NRS Big Sky 146 Quart Cooler
Q:How does the NRS Cooler work with Dry Ice?Asked on 5/18/2013 by Robert from Rock Creek, Montana
A:It will be fine with dry ice, Robert. But with any cooler, don't put the dry Ice directly against the plastic walls. Wrap it in insulating layers, like newspaper, towels, etc first.Answered on 5/18/2013 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- 2 Handles On Each End
- Fits My Boat
- Keeps Cold
- Lid Seals To Body
- Solid construction
- Week Long Raft Trips
Comments about NRS Big Sky 146 Quart Cooler:
This cooler has as good or better ice retention than the Yeti 120 it replaced, but with better constructed latches. Very solid construction, great fit and finish, and the perfect size/configuration to maximize the cooler bay space in my 14' raft. A thoughtful touch is the combination of both a padded rope hande and a molded-in handle on both ends - very useful for lifting out of the boat (rope) and lifting up into truck/trailer (molded in). It is a heavy beast, but any rotomolded cooler is going to be heav - that's kind of the point. I'm very happy with ice retention; I put block ice back into my home freezer after a recent week long trip.
Any quality control issues mentioned by early reviews appear to have been totally resolved. I can find no flaws in my example.
- Was this a gift?: