Gerber River Shorty Knife
Item: 47258.02 | Product Description »
- The sharp 420HC stainless steel serrated blade swiftly slices through rope and webbing.
- Blunt safety tip prevents puncture injuries when used in close quarter emergency situations, and it doubles as a screwdriver blade.
- The glass-filled nylon handle is not only super lightweight, the raised ridges provide great grip.
- A few of the ridges are a bit longer for natural finger placement along the lower edge.
- Grooves on the top of the blade near the handle provide excellent thumb grip.
- Glass-filled nylon sheath securely locks in the knife and the clip fits solidly in a life jacket lash tab.
- Made in the USA
|Blade Material:||420 HC Stainless Steel|
|Handle Material:||Fiberglass-filled nylon|
|Sheath Material:||Fiberglass-filled nylon|
|Knife only Weight:||2.75 oz|
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Gerber River Shorty Knife
Q:Is the Gerber River Shorty Knife suitable for ocean kayak use, or will it rust or degrade in saltwater?Asked on 4/25/2014 by Jack from Oregon
A:Jack, the 420HC stainless steel used in this knife has high corrosion-resistance characteristics. Any stainless steel can corrode, but if you clean and oil the knife after every use in the salt it should work well for you.Answered on 4/25/2014 by Clyde from NRS