WindPaddle Adventure Kayak Sail
Item: 50205.02 | Product Details »
- The Adventure is WindPaddle's most popular sail. For 2015 they've upgraded the Adventure for greater performance, better sailing and more power.
- The stiffer perimeter batten better holds the sail shape and provides increased durability and dependability in even the harshest conditions.
- The sail is now 25% larger, increased from 42" to 47" in diameter.
- The shallower sail profile provides better across-the-wind sailing and sail stability.
- Now with a full 12 square feet of sail area, the Adventure gives you more power and better control.
- Sails up to 180 degrees off the wind.
- Suitable for 5-30 knot winds.
- Easy-to-use clips make rigging the Adventure quick and simple.
- Can be clipped to just about anything, including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, gunwale handholds or a bench seat.
- Deploys in a matter of seconds.
- The WindPaddle design keeps the sail's center of force low, making the boat/sail combination stable and easy to handle.
- A clear window in the center lets you see where you're going.
- The softer continuous sheet (or steering line) is easier on your hands and allows the paddler to control the sail while holding their paddle for bracing and steering.
- Coils flat so it's easy to stow in your canoe or under your kayak's rigging.
- Super lightweight, so it won't weigh down your boat when stowed.
|Material:||1/2 oz rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth|
|Weight:||14 oz. (0.4 kg)|
|Recommended For:||Touring and expedition boats 14–18’|
|Target Wind Range:||5-30 knots (2-7 BFT)|
|Target Paddler:||Intermediate to expert|
|Off-wind Sailing Envelope:||Approximately 180 degrees|
We'll show how jibing across the wind is done by rotating the sail on deck and catching the wind as it comes across from the side of your boat. This sailing demonstration is done using the WindPaddle "Adventure" sail.