Yakima JayLow Kayak Rack
Item: 62607.01 | Product Description »
On Sale: $135.20
$169.00 You Save 20%
- The padded J-Cradles spread out the boat's weight, especially nice with more fragile expensive composite kayaks.
- The integrated ramps on the out-facing side of the cradles provide a smooth, non-scratching surface for sliding your boat up onto the cradles.
- If you need to carry two kayaks, simply lock the padded arm in the upright position and put the second boat on the other side.
- Includes straps for lashing one boat to the rack and bow/stern security straps.
- When not in use the padded arm folds flat to reduce wind resistance.
- Fits on round, square and most factory cross bars.
- Locks securely with SKS Lock Cores (sold separately).
Use the Yakima Fit Guide to determine what products work best for your particular vehicle.
The "Swiss army knife" of cartop kayak racks, the Yakima JayLow can hold one kayak in its supportive J-Cradle, or convert into a kayak stacker to support two boats.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Yakima JayLow Kayak Rack
Q:How big of a bar will this fit? I had to have a custom rack made to haul my kayaks on my Jeep...with and without the softtop, the rear bar is approx 1 3/4 to 2 inches in diameter.Asked on 3/12/2015 by Jo from Lake Simcoe, ON
A:Should work, Jo. Yakima says it'll fit Whispbar type bars 3.5" x 1.7" - http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/yakimaassets/Yakima/documents/1034488E_JayLow_NA_INST.pdfAnswered on 3/13/2015 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Yakima JayLow Kayak Rack:
The JayLows are a great upgrade from the Yakima Bow-Downs. The Jays are easy to install and provide a great secure fit for your kayak. There is a place I go to paddle just to be on the water and stay in shape that is just down the road--literally 3minutes-- from where I live. When I put my composite kayak up on the JayLows I don't even utilize the tie-downs and my boat stays securely in the cradle. If I go on long trips I use tie-downs and feel comfortable that these JayLows will secure my boat. This is a vey good product from Yakima. I also purchased the SweetRoll and they are wonderful. I perceive that SweatRolls will replace Hully-Rollers and the JayLow will replace the Bow-Downs. Worth the $$$ on both systems.
- Was this a gift?: