- In addition to being a reknowned sea kayaker, Foster is also a kayak designer, instructor and author.
- As an inveterate adventurer he has paddled extensively in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
- The "Creatures" section in Encounters from a Kayak covers everything from monkeys in Florida to squid in Newfoundland. His tale of a too-close encounter with a polar bear along Canada's Ungava Bay will send chills up your spine.
- The section entitled "People" relates stories as varied as helping scatter a stranger's ashes at sea to visiting with a man who escaped from Holland by kayak during World War II. (His account of eating rotten shark should not be read before mealtime.)
- The tales in the book's third section, "Places," range from tangling with police in Shanghai to navigating French canals. A scary paddle in a cave in the Faeroe Islands almost ends in tragedy.
- This is a book that can inspire you to adventure, and it will make a great gift for anyone who loves kayaking.
Size: 6" x 9"
|Size:||6" x 9"|