Werner Carve M 3 Piece Adjustable Stand Up Paddle
Item: 75881.01 | Product Description »
- Progressive mid-size rectangular blade allows for incremental power with less immediate catch for an easier, gentler feel on the body.
- Carbon-blend shaft is lightweight and optimized for flex and strength.
- The translucent fiberglass laminate blade has a dihedral shape for smooth forward and directional paddling.
- The custom shaped reinforcement spine in the blade enhances stiffness and overall strength.
- Seven degree blade-to-shaft offset offers a great forward stroke while freeing the blade from catching while surfing.
- Enhanced ABS palm grip is designed for maximum control and greater durability.
- The adjustable shaft is perfect for those who move between touring and surfing. It adjusts with a button lock to six different lengths, in 1-1/2" increments. A total 7.5" adjustability.
- For surf paddling, choose a paddle 8" longer than your height.
- For touring/cruising, choose a paddle 10" longer than your height.
|Grip:||Palm-style grip for a good fit and controlled strokes|
|Adjustable:||6 different lengths - 1.5" increments|
|Blade Material:||Fiberglass laminate|
|Blade Size:||18.4 cm W x 48 cm L (7.25" W x 19" L)|
|Blade Surface Area:||645 sq cm / 100 sq in|
|Shaft Material:||Fiberglass/carbon blend|
|Shaft Shape:||Oval index|
|Paddle Weight:||74-81.5" is 27.25 oz (773 g)|
Stand up surfboard paddling is a new, exciting watersport. The Werner Carve adjustable length paddle is an excellent choice for dynamic surfing and turning.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Werner Carve M 3 Piece Adjustable Stand Up Paddle
Q:The three lengths offered all show a 7 1/2" size range but the info under the adjustable heading shows "6 different lengths - 1.5" increments". Please explain this to me.
This question is for the Werner Carve M 3 Piece Adj SU PaddleAsked on 8/10/2014 by LFHunt from Raleigh, NC
A:The base, unextended position is position 1.
There are 5 extended positions.
Each extension is 1.5 inches.
5 X 1.5 = 7.5
Therefore there are a total of 6 different lengths, extending over 7.5 inches.
Hope this helps...
PS - it's a great paddle :-)
Stephen C. Trimble
Trimble Engineering Associates Ltd.Answered on 8/10/2014 by Anonymous
A:Yes, for example, the 70" - 77.5": the six lengths you have with the paddle are 70", 71.5", 73", 74.5", 76" and 77.5". Rules-of-thumb for paddle length are to add 8" to your height for surf paddling and 10" for touring-type paddling. The adjustable paddle lets you change length to accommodate different SUP styles.Answered on 8/10/2014 by Clyde from NRS