Werner Athena Carbon Paddle - Bent
Item: 75505.02 | Product Details »
- Werner's exclusive Neutral Bent Shaft positions your hands for the best balance, comfort and control, helping reduce discomfort in your wrists and arms.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Curved dihedral blade face reduces "flutter" and enhances maneuverability, helping you smoothly link strokes.
- Werner's exclusive Smart-View™ adjustable ferrule gives you a convenient two-piece paddle that looks and feels like a one-piece.
- The Smart-View system lets you quickly and easily adjust the offset, or feather angle, of your paddle in 15 degree increments with right- or left-hand control.
- Small diameter shafts are available and recommended for paddlers whose hand (from the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger) measures 6 1/2" or smaller.
- Adjustable ferrules are built with fine tolerances for a precise fit. Sand, silt or salt left inside the ferrule will interfere with adjustability. After each use, take the paddle apart and thoroughly rinse the ferrule with warm water. Dry before reassembling.
|Blade Material:||Carbon, foam core|
|Blade Size:||15 cm W x 48 cm L (5.9" W x 18.9" L)|
|Blade Surface Area:||550 sq cm / 82 sq in|
|Feather:||Adjustable SmartView ferrule 0-75 degrees|
|Breakdown:||Yes - 2 pieces|
|Control:||Right or left hand|
|Small Shaft Stocked:||Yes|
|Weight:||220 is 26 oz (737 g)|
Our Neutral Bent Shaft is designed to alleviate stress and strain on your hands, wrist and forearms when you paddle. This strain is usually caused by a previous injury, over gripping the paddle shaft and can be acute for those who paddle in rough water conditions where five fingers of contact to the shaft must be maintained. The key benefits that are unique to our Neutral Bent Shaft are; natural alignment of the wrist reducing strain and fatigue, stable leverage point during ALL stokes which increases comfort and an advanced grip that fits the natural contour of your hand. The slightly heavier shaft weight, when compared to a straight shaft, is offset by the ergonomic benefits.
Werner's patented Adjustable Ferrule System is a break-through and innovative design that is now standard on all Performance Core, Performance and Premium Touring models. This elegant and easy to use design has a precise fit that adds performance and long life, that wont loosen up over time.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Comfortable Shaft
- Good Control
- Minimizes Fatigue
- Reduces Flutter
- All around
Comments about Werner Athena Carbon Paddle - Bent:
If you are remotely serious about kayaking, do yourself a favor and invest in a carbon fiber bent shaft paddle. We live in southeast Alaska and paddle year-round. Since I got a Kalliste bent shaft, I have had NO fatigue,NO numb hands, NO pain and NO soreness on long paddles. I will clarify; we are in our mid forties and a long stint paddling constitues 13-15 miles/day. I had to purchase the Athena for my wife so I could have my bent shaft paddle back. The only drawback I can find on these paddles is the price. After you get over the initial sting of purchasing-and actually use it-you will forget all about the money spent!
- Was this a gift?: