Items mentioned in this article:
Vynabond Adhesive Gluing Instructions
For use on:
- PVC (vinyl)
Warning for all Glue and Solvent Use:
Use of these products can be very dangerous and can have short term and long term consequences to your health. It is important for you to take precautions and wear all appropriate safety gear. Wearing gloves, a respirator, eye protection, and working in a well ventilated area can go a long way towards mitigating these risks.
- For best results, use in temperatures above 50°F and humidity lower than 70%.
- Make a patch 2" larger than the hole or tear in every direction, making sure to round off all corners.
- Sand both the repair area and the new patch. The material should take on a slight matte finish.
- Cleaning the patch and repair area with PVC cleaner will improve the bond. Use the cleaner sparingly, it can dissolve PVC.
- Apply a thin coat to your patch and the repair area. Wait for 10 minutes.
- Apply a second thin coat, and wait for 5 mins or until tacky.
- Place the patch onto the repair area and roll the patch with a Roller Rasp or Pro Roller.
- Complete cure takes at least 8 hours.