Photo and Story Submission Guidelines
We are interested in receiving a wide variety of inspirational photographs showing NRS gear in action. Some examples include:
- Candid images of people of all ages, genders and nationalities enjoying paddling, rafting and canoeing.
- Scenery shots of the amazing beautiful places you boat, rich in color and spectacular light.
- Pictures taken on shore before and after a day of boating.
- Search and rescue images.
- We prefer images to have NRS Gear in action, but other gear will be considered. *Safety comes first - we only use photos where boaters are wearing life jackets.
- All images with identifiable people will need to have written consent. See *Model Release Form (sample).
- Photos need to be sharp enough to be enlarged considerably.
- Properly exposed images are bright enough to see detail, but not washed out.
- Most photos will need to be in sharp focus, exceptions will be artistically blurred images.
- All digital images need to be from a camera with at least three mega pixels.
- We prefer to receive 35mm transparencies (slides) but will except CD ROM or e-mail submissions of digital files. (At this time, we are unable to return photo submissions.)
- All Digital images need to be 300 dpi and at least 5x7, saved as .jpg files. *Please be sure to set your digital camera to the highest quality image setting before taking photos.
- We cannot accept prints.
- Please note that pictures are chosen based on the design and layout requirements of our catalog and web pages. If your photos are not selected, we encourage you to re-submit some of your best images at another time.
How to Submit
- Please label slide, CD-ROM, or e-mail with the photographer’s name, phone number and e-mail address, as well as a brief description of where the photo was taken.
- Please fax or mail a Photographer Release PDF signed by the photographer as well as a *Model Release Form(s) (sample) for any identifiable individuals.
- At this time we are unable to return photo submissions.
- By submitting a photo to NRS, you are granting NRS perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt and publish your photo.
- NRS is in no way obligated to use your photo. We will give photo credit whenever possible.
- Please mail or e-mail images to NRS using the contact information below.
- Please note somewhere if your Release Form(s) and Image(s) will be sent separately. (i.e. mail, fax, e-mail)
Carefully package and send your images to:
c/o Keli Keach
Photo Submissions/Marketing Department
2009 S. Main St.
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Fax: 877.567.7329 or 208.883.4787
If you have any questions regarding photo submissions, please contact Keli by using the e-mail address listed above.
*Please note that this is a sample form that you can be filled out and sent into us or can be used as a guideline for your own personal one.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view printable Release Forms. (Download Acrobat Reader)