Photo and Story Submission Guidelines
We’re interested in receiving stories about the broadest range of boating activities; including but not limited to whitewater kayaking and rafting, inland touring and rec boating, sea kayaking, canoeing, and fishing from inflatables, canoes and kayaks. Some examples include:
- Multi-day trip stories. These can include choosing the route, pre-trip preparation and interesting events and observations along the way.
- Day trips. Can be a description of an exciting whitewater run or a quiet paddle in a favorite local spot.
- Rescue situations. Accidents happen. Stories on the response to and resolution of such incidents can be both instructive and interesting.
- Family outings. Boating is an excellent family activity. Stories of outings/trips that describe the experience and offer tips and lessons learned are welcome.
- Humorous stories. Laughter is good medicine. Send us funny tales of your boating experiences.
- Photos that illustrate your stories are a definite plus.
- Story language and situations must be suitable for a family audience.
- They can be, but certainly don’t have to be, tales of rare and exotic adventure. Stories on more commonplace and accessible locales are totally acceptable.
- We use Microsoft Word and this is our preferred submission format. Stories in other word processing programs can usually be converted, with possible loss of some formatting.
- Photos that don’t meet “print quality” standards can still be used on the web, where high resolution isn’t as necessary. We prefer to receive 35mm transparencies (slides) but will except CD ROM or e-mail submissions of digital files.
How to Submit
- Submit your story as an attachment to an e-mail. Digital photos can be attached as separate files. If you are submitting photos as slides or on a CD ROM, please include a copy of your e-mail message so that we can link the story with the photos.
- Please include suggested photo captions and name any identifiable persons in the photos.
- At this time, we are unable to return story and photo submissions.
- Please fax or mail a signed Story Release Form.
- Please fax or mail a signed *Model Release Form(s) (sample) for any identifiable individuals as well as Photo Release Form(s) signed by the photographer(s) if applicable.
- By submitting your stories and photos to NRS, you are granting NRS perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt and publish your stories and photos.
- NRS is in no way obligated to use your stories and photos. We will give photo credit whenever possible.
- Please note somewhere if your Release Form(s), Story, and/or Photos will be sent separately. (i.e. mail, fax, e-mail)
Send your stories and story photos to:
c/o Clyde Nicely
2009 S. Main St.
Moscow, ID 83843
Fax: 877.567.7329 or 208.883.4787
If you have any questions regarding story and story photo submissions, please contact Clyde by using the e-mail address listed above.
*Please note that this is a sample form that can be filled out and sent into us or can be used as a guideline for your own personal one.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view printable Release Forms. (Download Acrobat Reader)