WaveLite With Polartec
Our popular WaveLite™ layering pieces are made with Polartec® Power Stretch® fabric. Polartec is the industry leader in performance layering fabrics and we’re excited to offer this great product to you.
- The four-way stretch lets us make close-to-skin, body-hugging designs that eliminate bulk to your layering and give you unrestricted mobility. Boating and the other outdoor activities you engage in are active and athletic… WaveLite with Power Stretch won’t hold you back.
- Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin is uncomfortable. Polartec® Power Stretch® keeps your skin dry in three ways:
- The fabric is highly breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor.
- "Touch points" on the fabric’s inner surface draw off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric, where it spreads rapidly for evaporation.
- When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least two-times faster than cotton.
- The smooth outer layer is very wind-resistant, so if you’re wearing it as an outer layer, or under something lightweight, you’ve got extra element of protection.
- That outer layer is also very abrasion resistant. This makes it extremely anti-pill, keeping the pieces looking like new.
- The fabric has excellent “memory”. It stretches to follow your movements, then springs back to hold its original shape.
- It’s machine washable for easy care.
NRS WaveLite, with Polartec Power Stretch, are your go-to active wear layering pieces for warmth and dry comfort. No sweat – play hard.
|NRS Men's WaveLite
Shirt ® Polartec®
Pungo – Polartec®
|NRS Men's WaveLite
Interesting Polartec Tidbits:
- 1981 – Invention of modern polyester fleece under the Polarfleece® brand, also sold through Patagonia as Synchilla.
- 1991 – Polartec brand is launched.
- 1994 – Power Stretch is introduced.
- 1998 – Polartec was named by Time Magazine as “one of the great inventions of the 20th century“ for the invention of modern synthetic fleece