Break Down Side Rail Kit Components:
- Determine the length at which to cut your side rails. Take into consideration that the solid rod will protrude 3" when the frame is broken down.
- Cut side rails at your determined length and "Deburr" where you've just cut using a deburring tool or a file on both the inside and out, insuring a good fit.
- Insert solid aluminum rod halfway into the pipe. Secure the rod with tape to hold in place while drilling.
- Measure 1.5" from the edge of the side rail; find the center and punch for drilling.
- Using a 5/16" drill bit, drill through both the pipe and the solid rod, deburr holes and install the bolt.
- Insert the completed half into the remaining pipe. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second half, keeping both bolts in the same place.
- Securely tighten ONLY the bolt on the side rail portion in which the solid rod-coupler will remain. Slip the two halves together and gently Snug the second bolt.
** Note: Do not over tighten! This could possibly "Ovalize" the pipe and cause difficulty in removing and re-seating the solid rod back into the side rail.
* Adobe Acrobat 3.0 is required to view printable directions