These Replacement Oar Grips let you refurbish the handles on your Cataract oar shafts. Now available in two styles, one for the original handles and one for the newer indexed handles.
- Made with tough rubber, with a nicely textured surface, the grips are comfortable on the hands and non-slippery when wet.
- The Indexed Grips have 1/8" thick walls and have an internal length of 6".
- The Standard Grips have 1/16" thick walls and have an internal length of 6 1/2".
- Some boaters report finding it easy to slide the grip on the handle without lubrication. A tip that works for others is spraying some inexpensive hairspray inside the grip before sliding it on. You can also use a two-part epoxy.
- With the Indexed Grips don't use something that sets up quickly, like super glue. You need to be able to line up the grip with the oar blade to maintain the very useful indexing feature.