- Astral's Torso Lock™ Foam Platform keeps the jacket snug around your torso, as the rest of your body thrashes around.
- The YTV uses a combination of PE and Gaia® foams for comfortable and earth-friendly flotation.
- Six adjustment points ensure a custom fit for a wide range of paddlers.
- Two generous zippered front, side pockets, as well as a knife slip pocket provide plenty of handy storage.
- The quick access lash tab keeps your knife close and ready to disengage at a second's notice.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Since the YTV has a pullover entry, the US Coast Guard classifies it as a Type V jacket. Type V is their "special use" category and pullovers are lumped in there. Here's what it says on the jacket: "This is a Type V PFD because it has restricted approval allowing it to be used as a Type III PFD only when worn. This device must be worn at all times in order to meet the U.S. Coast Guard regulations requiring PFDs to be carried."
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
|US Coast Guard Type:||Type III (when worn), Type V otherwise|
|Design Flotation:||16.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200 x 400-denier ripstop nylon|