- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please click on the Specs tab.
- This shaft has an innovative feature. The end of the handle is notched. Placing your thumb in the notch lets you know the orientation of the blade without taking your eyes off the path ahead.
- The SGG shaft, with its spiral wound fiberglass and carbon fiber lay up flexes and rebounds like a wooden oar without the maintenance issues of wood.
- The handle area has a four pound weight added. This counters the weight of the oar out past the oarlock. In a day's rowing, you lift that oar out of the water hundreds of times. This takes a lot of the work out of your outing!
- Blades with 1 5/8" diameter shanks are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
|Weight:||9' = 8 lbs|
|Shaft Material:||Glass/carbon/epoxy composite|
|Shaft Diameter:||1 7/8"|
|Frame Width||Recommended Minimum Length|
Please note that total oar length is measured with the blade on.