- This 6th Edition book covers the entire river, from the Lees Ferry launch site to the South Cove take out on Lake Mead.
- Spiral-bound format with full-color topographical maps on the right side and complete text descriptions on the facing page.
- The new mapping software used in this edition allows relief shading of the topo maps, giving you a much better perspective of the terrain.
- Excellent mile-by-mile information on rapids, campgrounds, geological features, historical sites and reference points.
- The topo maps are the same scale as the original USGS maps. The contour lines and accurate river shape enhances your ability to keep track of where you are.
- The high-quality waterproof paper stands up to the soaking it's going to get!
- The book lists numerous side hikes and interesting features away from the river.
- All photos in this edition are in full color.
- Also includes info pages on frequently asked questions about boating the river, Grand Canyon geology, archaeology, resource protection and plants found in the Canyon.
- Between the 6th and 5th addition, text changes are relatively minor. The most significant changes for river runners include information about a few camps below Diamond Creek (mile 225). Two camps were deleted, one was added, and another slightly moved.
Size: 9" x 14"
|Author:||Tom Martin & Duwain Whitis|
|Copyright:||2016 6th Edition|
|Size:||9" x 14"|