Squid Lightweight Boat Anchor
Item: 50208.01 | Product Description »
- This lightweight innovation is easy to use and no assembly is required.
- There's no need to lug along a heavy anchor; just use local materials to add weight.
- The Squid is perfect for fishing kayaks, canoes, pontoon boats and other small and lightweight craft.
- The Squid is the largest of these anchors, which include the Urchin (holds up to 9 lbs. of weight) and Shrimp (holds up to 6 lbs. of weight). Choose the size that's best for your uses.
- The bag's pear-shaped design causes the flukes to spread when the bag is filled for bottom-grabbing traction.
- The 10.5" flukes are made of injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene for long-lasting durability.
- When the Squid is empty, you can turn it inside out and the flukes are stored safely inside the bag.
- It holds up to 15 pounds of ballast, weighs less than 8 ounces when empty, and folds to just 12.5" x 2.5" x 2.5".
- Anchor has a wider fluke angle to grip the bottom more aggressively.
- All the materials are compatible with both marine and fresh water conditions.
- Size: Holds 140 cu. in. of material, folds to 12.5" x 2.5" x 2.5" when empty
- Weight: Less than 8 oz. empty, holds up to 15 lbs. of ballast
- Flukes: Injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy And Light
- Holds In A Strong Current
- Stops The Boat
- Day Trips
- Flat Waters
Comments about Squid Lightweight Boat Anchor:
After trying three different anchors, all heavy, this one outperformed all of them. Just fill the bag with rocks, gravel and sand at the river edge and attach it to your anchor line. The plastic stakes grab the bottom and holds well even in a strong current. After use, just empty the bag into the river. Simple, cheap and durable.
- Was this a gift?: