NRS Barrel Pump Piston
- The attached video describes the replacement process. The first step is to saw through the pump shaft with a hacksaw, right above the damaged piston.
- You can glue the new piston to the existing shaft; you will lose a bit of pumping volume. You can also purchase a new Pump Handle and Shaft, Item # 80091.01. The Piston doesn't come with the Pump Gasket, Item # 80086.01.
- You'll need a can of PVC Pipe Cement, available at most home improvement or hardware stores, to glue on the new piston.
- Word to the Wise: Make sure the shaft is inserted through the pump's top cap before gluing on the new piston. We've seen folks make that mistake!
- One of the many great things about the NRS Barrel Pump is that just about every part is repairable or replaceable!
WARNING: This product can expose you to Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. This product can expose you to Di(2 - ethylhexyl)phthalate(DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. More about California Proposition 65 »