NRS cVest Mesh Back PFD
Item: 40028.02 | Product Details »
- The NRS cVest is a Type III, medium profile life jacket with 16.5 pounds of flotation.
- Designed specifically for touring, the high-back flotation accommodates most sea kayaking seats and the mesh lower back adds welcome ventilation during long days on the water.
- Two lash tabs and numerous d-rings offer endless opportunities for attaching a rescue knife, strobe, whistle and other accessories.
- Reflective patches on the upper back are also attachment loops.
- Two large zippered pockets and two small, dual-entry clamshell pockets provide multiple storage options.
- Six adjustment points for a customizable fit and front-entry zipper for easily slipping the jacket on and off.
- 400 denier ripstop nylon fabric resists tears and abrasion.
- 3M reflective accents throughout the jacket for added visibility in low-light conditions.
- The cVest carries the US Coast Guard Certification through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
Outfitted to meet the needs of sea kayakers, the NRS cVest PFD combines safety with convenience and comfort. Paddlers-cut design allows for optimal range of motion. By concentrating the back flotation high, the cVest accommodates most high-back kayaking seats while the mesh lower adds welcome ventilation. The 400 denier nylon fabric construction ensures durability through seasons of wear and tear. A combination of soft and pliable plush fit foam and thin sheets of a lightweight foam delivers unmatched flexibility and enhanced comfort. Six adjustment points offer a customizable fit and front-entry zipper makes it easy to slip the jacket on and off. With two large zippered pockets, two small, dual-entry clamshell pockets, two lash tabs and numerous d-rings, the cVest offers endless storage and opportunities for attaching a rescue knife, strobe, whistle and other accessories.
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
|US Coast Guard Type:||III|
|Design Flotation:||16.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||400-denier ripstop nylon|
|Entry System:||Front zip|