WindPaddle Adventure Kayak Sail
Windpaddle | Item: 50205.02
Why work harder than you have to? Harness the power of the wind instead! The lightweight, compact WindPaddle Adventure Sail makes kayak touring faster, easier and more fun.
- The Adventure is WindPaddle's most popular sail. For 2015 they've upgraded the Adventure for greater performance, better sailing and more power.
- The stiffer perimeter batten better holds the sail shape and provides increased durability and dependability in even the harshest conditions.
- The sail is now 25% larger, increased from 42" to 47" in diameter.
- The shallower sail profile provides better across-the-wind sailing and sail stability.
- Now with a full 12 square feet of sail area, the Adventure gives you more power and better control.
- Sails up to 180 degrees off the wind.
- Suitable for 5-30 knot winds.
- Easy-to-use clips make rigging the Adventure quick and simple.
- Can be clipped to just about anything, including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, gunwale handholds or a bench seat.
- Deploys in a matter of seconds.
- The WindPaddle design keeps the sail's center of force low, making the boat/sail combination stable and easy to handle.
- A clear window in the center lets you see where you're going.
- The softer continuous sheet (or steering line) is easier on your hands and allows the paddler to control the sail while holding their paddle for bracing and steering.
- Coils flat so it's easy to stow in your canoe or under your kayak's rigging.
- Super lightweight, so it won't weigh down your boat when stowed.
||1/2 oz rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth|
- Employed diameter: 47" (119 cm)
- Coiled/folded diameter: 16" (41 cm)
- Sail area: 12 sq. ft. (1.1 m2)
||14 oz. (0.4 kg)|
||Touring and expedition boats 14–18’|
|Target Wind Range:
||5-30 knots (2-7 BFT)|
||Intermediate to expert|
|Off-wind Sailing Envelope:
||Approximately 180 degrees|