NRS Men's HydroSkin 0.5 Jacket
Item: 15008.02 | Product Description »
- A convenient front-entry zipper makes the HydroSkin 0.5 Jacket easy to put on or take off as conditions change.
- 0.5 mm Terraprene™ neoprene with heat-reflecting titanium cuts the chill on cool days.
- Four-way-stretch Powerspan™ exterior allows unrestricted movement, and the soft ThermalPlush™ lining feels great against your skin.
- Paddler-specific design allows unrestricted freedom of movement and puts seams where they won't cause irritation.
- Spandex fabric under the arms creates friction-free zones for comfortable paddling while improving ventilation where you need it most.
- A durable water repellent (DWR) exterior coating sheds water to help reduce evaporative cooling.
|Neoprene:||0.5 mm HydroSkin®|
|Entry Style:||YKK® front zipper|
How to measure:
- Chest/Bust: With arms down at your sides, measure around the largest part of the chest, generally across the nipples.
- Waist: Measure around natural waistline, allowing tape measure to sit comfortably.
- Head: Measure above brow, around the fullest part of the head.
Next-to-skin fit for easy layering and efficient performance.
Fits close but not tight for comfort and layering ease.
Full cut for freedom of motion and layering underneath.
When your clothing's adaptable, you're adaptable—to conditions, situations, opportunities. NRS HydroSkin apparel gives you a range of options between wearing no immersion protection and wiggling into a wetsuit. Three neoprene thicknesses and a variety of tops and bottoms let you layer to match the weather and water, while paddler-specific designs ensure friction-free freedom of movement.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS Men's HydroSkin 0.5 Jacket
Q:What are the sleeve lengths on the L and XL?Asked on 1/2/2015 by MikeC
A:I am sorry but I can't answer that. I ordered an XL for my husband which is what he wears but I returned it for an XXL. I will say the sleeve lengths were ok. He just needed a larger size, it was too restrictive.
Sent from my iPadAnswered on 1/2/2015 by Anonymous
A:Mike, they're the same unstretched length, 31".Answered on 1/2/2015 by Clyde from NRS
- NRS Men's HydroSkin 0.5 Jacket
Q:Is their examples or estimate recommending material thickness for the water temperature?Asked on 9/21/2014 by Pete from Sacramento,ca
A:It is very difficult to try and recommend a material thickness for a wetsuit. So many factors play a roll. If you are in the water a lot, the air temp and wind velocity, and your own "cold tolerance". As an anecdote I wore the .5 mm jacket wake surfing the last 2 weeks with the air temp in the high 60's and the water temp in the mid 60's. On a sunny day with little wind it was quite adequate and I opened the zipper to vent in between runs. On a cloudy and windy day I could have used a thicker layer. During immersions, jumping in to start and falling, it was fine but the wind and lack of infrared on the cloudy day...
I bought this jacket to avoid the "strangulation" feel of a neck collar understanding that more water would flow through the top. Using a PFD decreased the volume of the body of the jacket and I really didn't feel like a lot of water came in through the top at the zipper when I jumped or fell in.
Hope this helps,
Sent from my iPadAnswered on 9/23/2014 by Anonymous
A:Pete, multiple factors go into determining what apparel will keep you safe when you go for an unplanned swim. Either consult with our dealers in your area - http://www.nrs.com/services/dealerlocator.asp - or give us a call, 800.635.5202, to discuss what will work best for you. Read this article first to familiarize yourself with the type of questions you'll be asked - http://www.nrs.com/safety_tips/coldwatergear.aspAnswered on 9/22/2014 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about NRS Men's HydroSkin 0.5 Jacket:
Cold weather kayaking/motorcycling. I normally wear a size large jacket/shirt but I ordered the hydro-skin jacket XL and it fit perfect.
- Was this a gift?: