Shrimp Lightweight Boat Anchor
Item: 50209.01 | Product Description »
- This lightweight innovation is easy to use and no assembly is required.
- There's no need to lug along a heavy anchor; just use local materials to add weight.
- The Shrimp is the smallest of these anchors, which include the Squid (holds up to 15 lbs. of weight) and Urchin (holds up to 11 lbs. of weight). Choose the size that's best for your uses.
- The Shrimp is perfect for fishing kayaks and other small and lightweight craft.
- The bag's diamond-shaped design causes the flukes to spread when the bag is filled for bottom-grabbing traction.
- The 10.5" flukes are made of injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene for long-lasting durability.
- Three brass grommets give good attachment for anchor line.
- When the Shrimp is empty, you can turn it inside out and the flukes are stored safely inside the bag.
- It holds up to 6 pounds of ballast, weighs 5.6 ounces when empty, and folds to just 6" x 2.5" x 2.5".
- All the materials are compatible with both marine and fresh water conditions.
|Material:||Sturdy, lightweight mesh bag|
|Size:||Folds to 6" x 2.5" x 2.5" when empty|
|Weight:||Less than 5.6 oz. empty, holds up to 6 lbs. of ballast|
|Flukes:||Injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene|
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Shrimp Lightweight Boat Anchor
Q:Does an anchor line come with it? If not, do you carry or recommend a type of line?Asked on 3/3/2013 by craftslos
A:Used this awesome anchor in the Boundary waters last year with my kayak. Thread a poly pro line of what ever length through the grommets and tie a knot. DONE! Best I've seen.Answered on 3/3/2013 by Anonymous
A:It doesn't include line. 4-5mm Prussic cord is plenty strong enough for use on a smaller boat.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1844&pdeptid=1039Answered on 3/3/2013 by Clyde from NRS