Shrimp Lightweight Boat Anchor
Item: 50209.01 | Product Description »
- This lightweight innovation is easy to use and no assembly is required.
- There's no need to lug along a heavy anchor; just use local materials to add weight.
- The Shrimp is the smallest of these anchors, which include the Squid (holds up to 15 lbs. of weight) and Urchin (holds up to 9 lbs. of weight). Choose the size that's best for your uses.
- The Shrimp is perfect for fishing kayaks and other small and lightweight craft.
- The bag's diamond-shaped design causes the flukes to spread when the bag is filled for bottom-grabbing traction.
- The 10.5" flukes are made of injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene for long-lasting durability.
- Three brass grommets give good attachment for anchor line.
- When the Shrimp is empty, you can turn it inside out and the flukes are stored safely inside the bag.
- It holds up to 6 pounds of ballast, weighs 5.6 ounces when empty, and folds to just 10.5" x 2.5" x 2.5".
- All the materials are compatible with both marine and fresh water conditions.
- Material: Bag: Sturdy, lightweight mesh
- Flukes: Injection-molded, fiberglass-reinforced polystyrene
- Size: Holds 50 cu. in. of material, folds to 10.5" x 2.5" x 2.5" when empty
- Weight: 5.6 oz. empty, holds up to 6 lbs. of ballast
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Shrimp Lightweight Boat Anchor
Q:Does an anchor line come with it? If not, do you carry or recommend a type of line?Asked on 3/3/2013 by craftslos
A:Used this awesome anchor in the Boundary waters last year with my kayak. Thread a poly pro line of what ever length through the grommets and tie a knot. DONE! Best I've seen.Answered on 3/3/2013 by Anonymous
A:It doesn't include line. 4-5mm Prussic cord is plenty strong enough for use on a smaller boat.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1844&pdeptid=1039Answered on 3/3/2013 by Clyde from NRS