NRS Urethane Fabric - 840d
Item: 38012.01 | Product Description »
- 20 oz./840-denier fabric Urethane coated nylon fabric
- Matches material on Bandits 2008 and newer. This material will still work with older boats but the colors will not match exactly.
- This urethane material can also be used on NRS Revolution series rafts and catarafts.
- Sold by the running foot x 60"W.
- 20 oz./840-denier urethane fabric
- Sold by the running foot
- Roll is 60" wide
When repairing your Hypalon, PVC or urethane inflatable, or your plastic or composite kayak, it's vital that you choose the right adhesive and solvent for the job. Using the wrong materials will result in a poor repair and wasted effort. In this video, Josh from NRS Repairs shares an inflatable repair adhesives guide to help you understand when to use such glues as Clifton Hypalon, Shore, Stabond, Clifton Urethane, Vynabond and G/flex Epoxy. Solvents for repair prep are important too; you'll also learn when you can use toluene, MEK, acetone and alcohol.
It's important to master the skills and techniques of patching your urethane or PVC fabric inflatable boat. In this video the NRS Repairs Department goes over the step-by-step process for finding the leak, preparing the surface of the patch and boat, applying the glue and rolling on the patch. The use of Clifton Urethane Adhesive is demonstrated, but the same techniques work with Stabond Adhesive, Vynabond and other PVC/urethane-type adhesives. Using these methods you can also add D-rings, foot cups and wear strips to your boat.