Yakima Mako Aero Kayak Saddles
Item: 62537.01 | Product Description »
On Sale: $87.20
$109.00 You Save 20%
- The Mako Aero's form fitting cradle fits any hull shape.
- Dynaflex™ pads flex to grip the boat hull securely.
- Each pair of saddles include 1 bow/stern tie down strap and 1 strap to secure your kayak to your rack.
- A soft polyester pad with a self adhesive back attaches to the saddle protecting the finish on your boat.
- Compatible with round, square and some factory crossbars out of the box, also works with Mighty Mounts (sold separately) to fit a wider range of factory racks.
- SKS Lock Cores add additional security (sold separately).
- Sold in pairs. One pair supports 1/2 of your boat, front or back.
Use the Yakima Fit Guide to determine what products work best for your particular vehicle.
Its hard to beat simple and easy. Yakima's Mako Aero is just that. Attach them to your rack, lay your boat on them and tie them down, quick, simple, easy.
Cradle, saddle or trailer there are lots of ways to get your boat to the water.
Show us any car-driving, outdoor-loving person and we'll wager he or she has a storage problem. And if they don't, then they're probably not taking as many friends and family along for the ride as they could.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Yakima Mako Aero Kayak Saddles
Q:Will this saddle system fit my lumber rack made with 2 inch pipe?Asked on 5/1/2014 by Duke from Reno NV / Stockton CA
A:There is a choice of sizes for the undermount piece of the saddle. Even
then, the positions are adjustable on each. I cannot guarantee that your
2-inch pipe would work; I don't work for Yakima. Just based on versatility,
the saddle mount will fit a variety of bar sizes. However, I had to
purchase a special flattened "kayak" bar for my Volkswagen. I doubt that a
totally round pipe of larger (2") diameter would work because the
undermount is a somewhat flattened shape. I suggest that you call Yakima
and speak to a Service person who knows exactly.