NRS Pennel Orca Raft Handles
Item: 37365.01 | Product Description »
- This raft handle can take all the use and abuse you can throw at it, even in the most hostile environments.
- Tough Pennel Orca material covers the burly 1.5" nylon webbing handle.
- The 12" x 5" Pennel Orca Patch provides a large gluing surface and disperses the load across a broad area for superior strength.
- Use it to add extra handles to your boat for easier carrying, or to replace worn-out or inferior handles.
- Attach to your Pennel Orca or Hypalon boat using Clifton Hypalon adhesive.
Extra D-rings provide more gear tie-down options, and footcups give you greater paddling control. NRS Repairs demonstrates the steps for gluing them so they stay permanently in place.
When repairing your Hypalon, PVC or urethane inflatable, or your plastic or composite kayak, it's vital that you choose the right adhesive and solvent for the job. Using the wrong materials will result in a poor repair and wasted effort. In this video, Josh from NRS Repairs shares an inflatable repair adhesives guide to help you understand when to use such glues as Clifton Hypalon, Shore, Stabond, Clifton Urethane, Vynabond and G/flex Epoxy. Solvents for repair prep are important too; you'll also learn when you can use toluene, MEK, acetone and alcohol.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS Pennel Orca Raft Handles
Q:I have an older Avon Hypalon inflatable. The interior handles/seat-straps are worn out. Would this be appropriate or strong enough to be used as a replacement for those seat straps?Asked on 7/2/2014 by Jason from Warwick, Rhode Island
A:Jason for hand straps absolutely; for the seat straps they could work, but you might take a look at the NRS Pennel Orca d-ring patches (37304.01)Answered on 7/2/2014 by Kyle from NRS