Astral Men's Ronny PFD
Item: 40087.03 | Product Details »
- Astral's Thin-Vent™ Back creates an extremely comfortable PFD no matter what seat your leaning against, even kayak seats with high backs.
- A ventilation channel in the 1/2" foam back panel combined with a mesh liner lets heat and moisture escape for greater comfort.
- Four easy-access pockets, including one that expands to hold a frosty beverage, stores everything you want close at hand.
- An accessory lash tab provides a secure location for attaching a rescue knife.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Six adjustment points allow for a snug, customized fit.
|US Coast Guard Type:||III|
|Design Flotation:||16 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200 x 400-denier ripstop nylon|
|Entry System:||Front zip|
Designed for minimum weight and maximum comfort, the Astral Men's Ronny life jacket gives you a comfortable, affordable PFD option for any type of boating. The thin foam back works comfortably with all types of kayak and raft seats.
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Astral Men's Ronny PFD
Q:i see 2 astral pfds available..is there a difference between the astral ronny and the astral fisher?...can the ronny be used for fishing?Asked on 1/19/2017 by ron
A:Ron, the Ronny and Ronny Fisher are built on the same flotation platform. The Fisher has more fishing-specific pockets, lots of attachment points, tool organizer and a hood. You can certainly wear the Ronny when fishing, you'll just be missing some of those fishing related features.
- Astral Men's Ronny PFD
Q:Is this PFD suitable for whitewater? Meet BLM approval for whitewater? Thinking of using on Deso....Asked on 8/15/2016 by Tj
A:The US Coast Guard label on the Ronny states Intended Use: Paddling and Sailing. Here's the BLM's life jacket requirements - http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/price/recreation/riverinf/pdfInfo.html