Gear Aid Aquaseal+NEO Contact Cement
Learn how to properly use and handle Gear Aid (formerly McNett) Seal Cement Adhesive, an industrial-strength neoprene cement.
For use on:
- Gear Aid Aquaseal+NEO Contact Cement for Neoprene
- Latex Gloves
Warning for all glue and solvent use: use of these products can be very dangerous and can have short term and long term consequences to your health. It is important for you to take precautions and wear all appropriate safety gear. Wearing gloves, a respirator, eye protection, and working in a well ventilated area can go a long way towards mitigating these risks.
- Shake container well before using.
- Clean problem area with small amount of isopropyl alcohol and dry repair area.
- (Optional) For load bearing patches it is recommended to sand the surfaces of the patch and the repair surface before gluing.
- Cut a patch that will cover at least 1/2" over either side of the tear or hole. Make sure your patch does not have any corners, corners are more easily snagged.
- Apply cement to both sides of the repair using the applicator brush.
- Let the first coat dry for 5 minutes.
- Apply a second coat to the repair area and allow it to dry for approximately 10 minutes.
- Press and hold edges of the repair together for 10 seconds.
- Using a roller rasp or Pro Roller roll the repaired area.
- Wait 24 hours before use of your item for best result.