Cataract SGG Shaft with Rope Wrap & Stop
| Q&A (1)
Item: 77312.02 | Product Details »
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please see the Specs section.
- You don't have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
- These oars perform like no others, translating muscle energy into stroke power more effectively than other oars, giving you the ultimate in oar responsiveness.
- These shafts have an innovative feature. The end of the handle is notched. Placing your thumb in the notch lets you know the orientation of the blade without taking your eyes off the path ahead.
- The SGG oar shaft flexes and rebounds like wood without the weight or need for maintenance.
- These oars are wrapped with rope and come with a rubber oar stop. The oar stop needs to be rolled onto the rope. The distance will depend on personal rowing preferences.
- 1/8" thick grips cushion the handles.
- Blades with 1 5/8" shanks are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
- If you have not previously used rope wrapped oars with your oarlocks, be sure to examine the inside surfaces of the horns for any rough places or imperfections. Using the oars in oarlocks that cause premature wear of the rope wrap may not be covered by warranty.
|Weight:||9' shaft weight is 4.44 lbs|
|Shaft Material:||Glass/carbon/epoxy composite|
|Shaft Diameter:||1 7/8"|
|Frame Width||Recommended Minimum Length|
Please note that total oar length is measured with the blade on.