Cataract SGG Oar Shaft
Cataract | Item: 77310.02
You don't have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please see the Specs section.
- These shafts have an innovative feature. The end of the handle is notched. Placing your thumb in the notch lets you know the orientation of the blade without taking your eyes off the path ahead.
- These oars perform like no others, translating muscle energy into stroke power more effectively than other oars, giving you the ultimate in oar responsiveness.
- The 1 7/8" outside diameter SGG oar shaft flexes and rebounds like wood without the weight or need for maintenance.
- 1/8" thick grips cushion the handles.
- Cataract, Carlisle and Sawyer blades with 1 5/8" diameter shanks are sold separately so that you can choose the width and features that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
|Weight (ea):||9' = 4 lbs.|
|Shaft Material:||Glass/carbon/epoxy composite|
|Shaft Diameter:||1 7/8"|
|Frame Width||Recommended Minimum Length|
Please note that total oar length is measured with the blade on.