Cataract X-Wound Oar Shaft
Cataract | Item: 77316.02
The Cataract X-Wound Oar Shaft has the same great durability and natural flex as the SGG shaft, while being lighter in weight to reduce rowing fatigue.
- You don't have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please see the Specs section.
- Each shaft is 1/2 pound lighter than a Cataract SGG shaft.
- This weight savings really adds up to less muscle strain when you're swinging those oars on a long river stretch.
- These shafts have an innovative feature. The end of the handle is notched. Placing your thumb in the notch lets you know the orientation of the blade without taking your eyes off the path ahead.
- The oars have an all carbon-fiber layer on the outside, so they are only available in black.
- Like the SGG oar shaft, the X-Wound flexes and rebounds like wood without the weight or need for maintenance.
- Cataract, Carlisle and 1 5/8" shank Sawyer blades fit in these shafts.
- Blades are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
|Weight (ea):||9' = 4 lbs.|
|Shaft Material:||Glass/carbon/epoxy composite|
|Shaft Diameter:||1 7/8"|
|Frame Width||Recommended Minimum Length|
Please note that total oar length is measured with the blade on.