NRS MaverIK Kayak Foot Braces
Item: 37318.01 | Product Details »
- Add these foot braces to your Pennel Orca® IK for added stability and balance.
- Comes with 4 Pennel Orca® patches for installation.
- Can be glued to PVC and urethane inflatables with Stabond Adhesive, Item # 38704.01.
- See "Installing Performance Pack" in the More Information section for step-by-step instructions.
- The Foot Braces give you 5" of adjustability.
- The slots in the glue-on patches are 1" wide x 3/4" high. FYI, the metal tracks of the longer Kayak Foot Braces, Item # 50075.01, fit in these slots.
|Weight:||1 lb for the set of braces plus patches|
When repairing your Hypalon, PVC or urethane inflatable, or your plastic or composite kayak, it's vital that you choose the right adhesive and solvent for the job. Using the wrong materials will result in a poor repair and wasted effort. In this video, Josh from NRS Repairs shares an inflatable repair adhesives guide to help you understand when to use such glues as Clifton Hypalon, Shore, Stabond, Clifton Urethane, Vynabond and G/flex Epoxy. Solvents for repair prep are important too; you'll also learn when you can use toluene, MEK, acetone and alcohol.
Properly patching a Hypalon raft or cataraft isn't difficult, but it does require specific tools, supplies and techniques. In this instructional video, the NRS Repairs Department shows you the materials, adhesives, solvents and skills you need to successfully glue a patch on your inflatable boat. This information applies to Hypalon, Pennel Orca and rubber inflatables. The same techniques can be used for gluing air-holding patches, D-rings and foot cups to your raft or cataraft. The video also includes tips for making temporary field repairs on the water.