WindPaddle Cruiser Kayak Sail
Item: 50206.01 | Product Description »
- The large, powerful Cruiser is great for canoes and tandem kayaks.
- A stiff, expedition-grade perimeter batten provides durability and dependability in even the harshest conditions.
- Sails up to 180 degree off the wind.
- Suitable for 5-30 knot winds.
- Easy-to-use clips make rigging the Cruiser quick and simple.
- Can be clipped to just about anything, including deck lines, cleats, bungees, pad eyes, fairleads, thwarts, gunwale handholds or a bench seat.
- Deploys in a matter of seconds.
- The WindPaddle design keeps the sail's center of force low, making the boat/sail combination stable and easy to handle.
- A clear window in the center lets you see where you're going.
- A continuous sheet (or steering line) allows the paddler to control the sail while holding their paddle for bracing and steering.
- Coils flat so it's easy to stow in your canoe or under your kayak's rigging.
- Super lightweight, so it won't weigh down your boat when stowed.
|Material:||1/2 oz rip-stop polyester spinnaker sailcloth|
|Weight:||22 oz. (0.62 kg)|
|Recommended For:||Kayaks, canoes, inflatables, tandems and expedition boats, 14-18’|
|Target Wind Range:||5 -30 knots (2-7 BFT)|
|Target Paddler:||Intermediate to expert|
|Off-wind Sailing Envelope:||Approximately 180°|
We'll show how jibing across the wind is done by rotating the sail on deck and catching the wind as it comes across from the side of your boat. This sailing demonstration is done using the WindPaddle "Adventure" sail.