NRS Sport Cat Frame 66"W X 88"L
Item: 92072.02 | Product Description »
- This lightweight frame, only 74 pounds, matched up with a set of sporty cat tubes gives you a package that dances across the water.
- Whether you're running exciting day stretches or packing for multiday trips, the Sport Cat Frame fills the bill.
- It's an excellent choice for smaller-diameter cat tubes, such as the AIRE Ocelot.
- The drop side rails sit 5.5" (center-to-center of the rails) below the top side rails to provide proper distance from inside D-rings for frame tiedown.
- The drop rails extend to the ends of the top side rails so other cross members can be located just where you want them.
- Since the drop rails can be adjusted for width, with most smaller diameter cataraft tubes you can get about the same internal cargo capacity you'd have with a 72" yoke-style frame.
- The heart of the NRS frame system, the LoPro™ Fitting allows complete adjustability for all frame parts. Now made in stronger, lighter hot-forged aluminum alloy.
- NRS Oar Mounts are lighter, sleeker and stronger than ever with hot-forged aluminum alloy construction and a nylon insert to reduce rowing friction.
- Frame includes: Two Side Rails, two Sport Cat Drop Side Rails, three Cross Bars, Seat Bar, Deluxe Foot Bar, High-Back Drain-Hole Seat, 6" Oar Mounts, two 9' NRS Straps and four Strap Slides.
|Frame Type:||Cataraft Frames|
|Dimensions:||66" W x 88" L|
|Material:||Modular Anodized Aluminum Frame|
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- NRS Sport Cat Frame 66"W X 88"L
Q:Hi there. We have 3 cataracts. A Wildcat 13 footer, an Ocelot and a Jag. All from you folks, by the way. We are considering this frame for our 20 inch dia tubes on our Wildcat. We have been running your standard yoke frames (We have two, both at 66 wide at different lengths) on our Ocelot and Jag. Here is my question: Can you make this frame a little shorter? 88 inches is still too long for our Ocelot and really too long for our Wildcat, in our opinion. Can you can make this frame length more like 72 inches or 74 inches in length? Also is it possible for us to come down to see you and to see in person how this frame fits on our Wildcat tubes?
Thank you so much.Asked on 4/13/2014 by Deedoe from Spokane, WA
A:We can certainly make you a custom size Sport Cat Frame to your length specifications. The issue is we can't make one on speculation. This frame was designed, in cooperation with the good folks at AIRE, just for those smaller diameter tubes like the Ocelot and Wildcat. You'll be very pleased with the performance of this frame. Give us a call, 800.635.5202, to order.Answered on 4/13/2014 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Small Cat Fit
- Light Weight
- Shinny Lowpros And Towers
- Very adjustable
- 12-14 Foot Catarafts
- 20-23 Inch Diameter Tubes
- 20-24 Inch Tubes
Comments about NRS Sport Cat Frame 66"W X 88"L:
This frame is great! We have a Jag and Ocelot and a Wildcat. We have two yoke style frames, both 66 inches wide, and needed a frame to fit the Ocelot and Wildcat better. This drop rail design is the ticket! Ordered it 10 inches shorter at 78 inches which we think is a better length for mostly a day frame. Still long enough for another seat bar or cooler comfortably behind drivers seat. Adjustable, short drop rails are really handy for custom fit on different diameter tubes. Prefer 8 inch towers and a bar all the way across foot bar instead of two short pipes. We use 8.5 foot oars on this frame with the Wildcat and Ocelot which is prefect. The New LowPro's and Tower designs are classy! NRS custom builds to your specific length requests for minimal charge.
- Was this a gift?: