Werner Cyprus Carbon Paddle
Item: 75512.02 | Product Details »
- Great for skilled, average-strength kayakers looking for an efficient, easy-to-handle high-angle paddle.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Curved dihedral blade face reduces "flutter" and enhances maneuverability, helping you smoothly link strokes.
- Werner's exclusive Smart-View™ adjustable ferrule gives you a convenient two-piece paddle that looks and feels like a one-piece.
- The Smart-View system lets you quickly and easily adjust the offset, or feather angle, of your paddle in 15 degree increments with right- or left-hand control.
- Small diameter shafts are available and recommended for paddlers whose hand (from the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger) measures 6 1/2" or smaller.
- Adjustable ferrules are built with fine tolerances for a precise fit. Sand, silt or salt left inside the ferrule will interfere with adjustability. After each use, take the paddle apart and thoroughly rinse the ferrule with warm water. Dry before reassembling.
|Blade Material:||Carbon, foam core|
|Blade Size:||18 cm W x 46 cm L (7.1" W x 18.1" L)|
|Blade Surface Area:||610 sq cm / 94.5 sq in|
|Feather:||Adjustable SmartView ferrule 0-75 degrees|
|Breakdown:||Yes - 2 pieces|
|Control:||Right or left hand|
|Small Shaft Stocked:||Yes|
|Weight:||210 is 23.5 oz (665 g)|
The Ikelos is an aggressive High Angle design for experienced paddlers who want a durable, lightweight paddle with both smooth linking and powerful forward strokes.
Werner's patented Adjustable Ferrule System is a break-through and innovative design that is now standard on all Performance Core, Performance and Premium Touring models. This elegant and easy to use design has a precise fit that adds performance and long life, that wont loosen up over time.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Comfortable Shaft
- Good Control
- Minimizes Fatigue
- Reduces Flutter
- Advanced Paddling Techniques
- Day Trips
Comments about Werner Cyprus Carbon Paddle:
I've been using a Cyprus for the past six years in all sorts of conditions: paddling on the Great Lakes and on the ocean; surfing waves; occasional rock gardening; long-distance trips and short day paddles. The blade slips neatly through the water; the foam core gives it just the right buoyancy. It's light enough that you can paddle all day without fatigue, and strong enough to stand up to the occasional contact with rocks and other hard surfaces, though I would not use it as a whitewater paddle (I'd use a fiberglass paddle for that and serious rock gardening). I find the blade size ideal for minimizing strain on my body and maximizing cadence.
Service and delivery comments:
Werner's customer service is exemplary!
- Was this a gift?:
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Werner Cyprus Carbon Paddle
Q:I want a 210 cm paddle but am not sure about the standard or small shaft size selection options. Can you tell me how to properly choose the shaft size?Asked on 11/18/2012 by Larry from Olympia, Wa
A:Use Werner's paddle shaft sizing guide to determine what will work best for you - http://www.nrsweb.com/global/hand_chart.pdfAnswered on 11/19/2012 by Clyde from NRS