Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle - Bent
Item: 75501.02 | Product Details »
- Werner's exclusive Neutral Bent Shaft positions your hands for the best balance, comfort and control, helping reduce discomfort in your wrists and arms.
- The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Curved dihedral blade face reduces "flutter" and enhances maneuverability, helping you smoothly link strokes.
- Werner's exclusive Smart-View™ adjustable ferrule gives you a convenient two-piece paddle that looks and feels like a one-piece.
- The Smart-View system lets you quickly and easily adjust the offset, or feather angle, of your paddle in 15 degree increments with right- or left-hand control.
- Small diameter shafts are available and recommended for paddlers whose hand (from the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger) measures 6 1/2" or smaller.
- Adjustable ferrules are built with fine tolerances for a precise fit. Sand, silt or salt left inside the ferrule will interfere with adjustability. After each use, take the paddle apart and thoroughly rinse the ferrule with warm water. Dry before reassembling.
|Blade Material:||Carbon, foam core|
|Blade Size:||16.5 cm W x 52 cm L (6.5" W x 20.5" L)|
|Blade Surface Area:||643 sq cm / 99.7 sq in|
|Feather:||Adjustable SmartView ferrule 0-75 degrees|
|Breakdown:||Yes - 2 pieces|
|Control:||Right or left hand|
|Small Shaft Stocked:||Yes|
|Weight:||220 is 27 oz (765 g)|
The Kalliste has our most advanced blade designs for an exceptionally light buoyant feel on the water. The smooth back face offers a quiet entrance into and exit from the water that make paddling all day long feel effortless. Ultimate performance with an exceptionally light, buoyant and quiet feel on the water. Award winning mid-size, low angle blades fit the widest range of paddlers. Optimized flex and strength. Choose our carbon blend Straight or carbon weave Neutral Bent shaft in Standard Diameter or Small Diameter. The volume of the buoyant, full carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes. Dihedral allows for smooth forward and directional paddling. Smooth back face allows for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke. Dynel edges protect the paddle from the rigors of the touring environment.
Our Neutral Bent Shaft is designed to alleviate stress and strain on your hands, wrist and forearms when you paddle. This strain is usually caused by a previous injury, over gripping the paddle shaft and can be acute for those who paddle in rough water conditions where five fingers of contact to the shaft must be maintained. The key benefits that are unique to our Neutral Bent Shaft are; natural alignment of the wrist reducing strain and fatigue, stable leverage point during ALL stokes which increases comfort and an advanced grip that fits the natural contour of your hand. The slightly heavier shaft weight, when compared to a straight shaft, is offset by the ergonomic benefits.
Werner's patented Adjustable Ferrule System is a break-through and innovative design that is now standard on all Performance Core, Performance and Premium Touring models. This elegant and easy to use design has a precise fit that adds performance and long life, that wont loosen up over time.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Comfortable Shaft
- Minimizes Fatigue
- Day Trips
Comments about Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle - Bent:
Bought this to reduce carpal tunnel problems that caused numb fingers after a full day of paddling with the club gear. While it didn't magically solve all problems, I'd say it reduced the next day numb finger problem by about half. I think the bent shaft, my selection of 30deg feather, and the lighter weight allow me to relax my hands a lot more while paddling.
Definitely expensive, but the quality of the product is there and it works well. I also like the fact that it comes out of the water quite clean and allows me to paddle with dry hands when the water is calm. The only negative is that the right hand side paddle sometimes flutters a bit if I hold it too loosely. I guess nothing is perfect.
Service and delivery comments:
Came quickly, but 90$ for delivery is a bit steep.
- Was this a gift?:
Comments about Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle -Bent:
Service and delivery comments:
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle - Bent
I would like to get a Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle with a bent
shaft / small shaft size in 210 cm length, but no one seems to sell this shorter length. Can you special order this for me?
Eric Schwartz, Wakefield, MAAsked on 8/13/2013 by Eric from Wakefield, MA
A:Yes, Eric, Werner does make that paddle and we can custom order it for you. Give us a call, 800.635.5202, to order.Answered on 8/13/2013 by Clyde from NRS