Instructions: Raft and Cataraft Motor Mounts
- Attach transom board to L-shaped bars, using the extra long Ubolts and backing plates supplied. Leave these finger tight.
- Attach top of L-shaped bars to stern mount bar as shown in picture. Place the U-bolts under the bar, then push the LoProTM fitting onto it. It may be necessary to bend the horns of the U-bolts so that they match the holes on the fitting. This small amount of bending can usually be done by hand.
- Tighten the locking nuts. The washers are intended to take up slight variations in the length of the U-bolts. If less than two or three threads protrude above the top of the nylon-locking nut, do not use the washers.
- Position the transom at the height needed for your motor and securely tighten the eight nylon-locking nuts from step 1.
- Periodically check the tightness of all nuts and bolts. If these are loose, over time joints will become sloppy, or the transom may move.
- Always secure your motor to the frame with a safety rope or strap to prevent loss of the motor if your motor clamps loosen.
- Place the Motor Mount plate on the front edge of rear yoke.
- Lace the included strap through the slots in the plate, as illustrated above.
- Place the motor over the top of the plate so the clamps are tightening against the plate as shown in the lower illustration.
- Periodically check the tightness of the motor clamps.
- Be sure to tether the motor to the frame with a safety rope or strap to prevent loss if the motor clamps loosen.