West System G/flex 650-8 Epoxy Adhesive
Item: 50202.01 | Product Details »
- The 650-8 kit contains 4 oz. each of viscous liquid G/flex 650 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1.
- Mixed G/flex 650 is of a heavy "syrup" consistency. It will run off a vertical surface. 650 can be thickened with inert filling materials.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
- At 72 degrees F pot life is 45 minutes. Working time is 75 minutes. It cures to a solid in three hours and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones.
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions that come with the kit are top notch.
WARNING: This product can expose you to Epichlorohydrin, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. More about California Proposition 65 »
Sales on this product are final. It is non-refundable and cannot be returned to us. If you are at all uncertain whether this is the product you need, call 877.677.4327 for our expert advice.
G/flex Epoxy Adhesive belongs in every boater's repair kit. Get a waterproof, flexible bond on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, etc.
When repairing your Hypalon, PVC or urethane inflatable, or your plastic or composite kayak, it's vital that you choose the right adhesive and solvent for the job. Using the wrong materials will result in a poor repair and wasted effort. In this video, Josh from NRS Repairs shares an inflatable repair adhesives guide to help you understand when to use such glues as Clifton Hypalon, Shore, Stabond, Clifton Urethane, Vynabond and G/flex Epoxy. Solvents for repair prep are important too; you'll also learn when you can use toluene, MEK, acetone and alcohol.