- The Ion's six-panel design uses ultra soft foam for a flexible fit that wraps effortlessly around your torso and flows with your movements.
- The raised foam panels of our Cool Flow System (CFS) provides ventilation along the spine for increased comfort on warm days.
- Tough ripstop nylon adds durability in high-wear areas.
- Padded shoulder straps, a soft interior lining and fleece-lined hand warmer pouch make this jacket as cozy as it is comfortable.
- Large, front zippered pocket secures all those on-the-water necessities, and a zipper on both sides makes accessing that sunscreen or camera a cinch, no matter which hand is free.
- A knife lash tab, shoulder strap garages and reflective accents round out the features.
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
- Design flotation: 16.5 lbs.
The evolution of NRS PFDs continues with the ultra-comfortable, low profile Ion Life Jacket.
Choosing a good-fitting life jacket that's designed for the type of boating you do is important for your safety. Whether you are kayaking, rafting, canoeing, fishing or stand up paddling, there's a US Coast Guard-approved PFD that's just right for you. In this video, we go over the types of life jackets most commonly worn by boaters and offer tips for choosing one you'll be comfortable wearing all the time you're on the water.
Choosing a life jacket, or personal flotation device (PFD), that fits well for all-day wearing comfort is one of the most important water safety decisions you make. In this video we show you how to tighten the straps to ensure the jacket won't ride up when you're in the water. When deciding on a life jacket, wear it around the shop for a while to be sure it's all-day comfortable. Then, be sure to always wear it when you're on the water!
|Weight:||M/L 1.90 lbs.|
|US Coast Guard Type:||III|
|Design Flotation:||16.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric:||200-denier urethane-coated ripstop nylon|
|Entry System:||Side buckle|