Kokatat Men's Hydrus 3L Stoke Drytop
Item: 23002.02 | Product Description »
$275.00 - $295.00
- Hydrus material has a tough nylon outer layer with a durable water repellent (DWR) coating to shed water.
- A proprietary polyurethane micro-porous inner coating quickly transfers water vapor away from your body.
- The soft knit polyester inner layer feels good against the skin and is engineered to help with moisture transfer.
- Tough latex neck and wrist gaskets keep out water, and the super stretch neoprene collar and wrist cuffs protect the gaskets.
- Double hook-and-loop closures secure the overskirt tightly over your sprayskirt and the top's inner tunnel to keep you and your cockpit dry.
- Self-draining zippered chest pocket holds stuff you want to keep handy. Includes a built-in key lanyard.
- Factory-sealed seams ensure waterproofness.
- Lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
|Material:||3 layer Hydrus 3L|
|Neck Closure:||Latex gasket with neoprene volcano-style overcuff|
|Wrist Closure:||Latex gaskets with volcano-style neoprene overcuffs|
|Waist System:||Double-pull hook-and-loop closure|
|Latex Neck Gasket:||Yes|
|Latex Wrist Gaskets:||Yes|
How to measure:
- Chest/Bust: With arms down at your sides, measure around the largest part of the chest, generally across the nipples.
- Waist: Measure around natural waistline, allowing tape measure to sit comfortably.
- Head: Measure above brow, around the fullest part of the head.
Next-to-skin fit for easy layering and efficient performance.
Fits close but not tight for comfort and layering ease.
Full cut for freedom of motion and layering underneath.
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
- Kokatat Men's Hydrus 3L Stoke Drytop
Q:I'm buying this for my son - he is 6'1", 140lbs (14 y.o. so still probably growing). Want it big enough for his long arms and torso. Will he be swimming in a Large? Should I get an XL given his height and the fact that he is probably going to grow a bit taller? Thanks!Asked on 8/22/2013 by Kayak mom from Richmond, VA
A:Check the sizing chart and look at the arm length for a Medium. I think that's the best size for him. If not, our size exchanges are easy and free.Answered on 8/24/2013 by Clyde from NRS
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Needs more pockets
- Tight Gaskets
- Cool weather kayaking
- Wet Weather
Comments about Kokatat Men's Hydrus 3L Stoke Drytop:
Bought this in preparation for The Gales Storm Gathering. The neck gasket was way too tight as were the wrists. I used a cookie tin to stretch the neck and soup cans in the wrists, for two days. The wrists fit fine after that but the neck was still too tight. The Kokotat web site said the neck is trim-able. Using a sharp razor blade or Exacto knife carefully take off one ring at a time until it fits. In my case I took off only two rings until it was snug but comfortable. Putting it on was a test of my 56 year old flexibility, the waist is very snug and I had to wiggle my way into it. Once it was on though the fit was good. I was comfortable for 3 hours of kayaking on Lake Superior on a sunny 50 degree day. I wore it over a farmer john wetsuit and lightweight C9 wicking shirt and although I was splashed repeatedly I stayed dry as could be. It seemed to mate well with my spray skirt. It is fairly lightweight though and if it was much colder I'd put additional layers underneath. It seems durable enough, but time will tell if it stands up to regular use. I had no problem with freedom of movement while paddling, including some surfing and wet exits. The thing is, a dry top will keep the splashing and spray out, but if you go for a swim water will seep up through the wet suit and get inside. I found this out after a t-rescue drill. But, it held my heat in so in these conditions I did not get chilled. Seems like a pretty good compromise to shelling out for a full drysuit.
Service and delivery comments:
I waited until the last minute before deciding to order, so I paid extra for 2nd day delivery. It arrived right on schedule in time for my trip. No shipper tracking number was provided, it would have been nice to be able to follow it along.
- Feels true to size
- Was this a gift?: